Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tommy Devine



Well today I had a long day.

I met with Tommy Devine, The Baystate Objectivist, the author of the first western Mass blog. I met up with him at Haymarket cafe in Northampton where I took that picture of him. I am starting to write a story about him as a feature article for the Daily Collegian.

I have always found his blog fascinating. Tommy has probably the most honest blog I've ever seen. He's not afraid to put himself out there. He's a former UMass student, journalism major and Daily Collegian writer. He posts entries about his sex life, politics, and even his former drug addictions. He isn't ashamed about any of it either.

It doesn't hurt that Tommy is always very easy to talk to and supportive of my blogging.

Tom covers a lot about UMass, Northampton, Amherst and Springfield in his blog. Though at first the Springfield native focused on Springfield's seedy side of politics. You probably see him at Haigis Mall all the time.

Here's a video of Tommy talking about why he likes Amherst.

2 comments:

Scott Brodeur said...

Awesome blog post, Andrea! So rich in multimedia, plus it lets us behind the scenes of your upcoming story. Very cool and very well done.

Andrea Murray said...

Thanks very much!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com