Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Linking




The section I found most interesting in chapter 8 was on page 158 entitled "Permission to Link."

I had never once considered that it would be illegal to link to another site. For pictures, yes, I had considered that. But I also considered that my blog is probably not important enough to even get their attention.

For links though, my thought was that I was in fact always doing the linked site a favor. I'm getting my readers to check out their site, further legitimizing their information, and I'm even bumping them up on the Google search pages. Where is the problem? They are obviously getting credit because the link distinguishes my website from theirs.

Now I'm afraid to link in this entry. But this entry is a lot more boring than others, right? Sorry, but I need to cover my ass.

(Chapter 8 Foust)

No comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com