Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Saturday Night Live



So I know that everyone and their mother has posted the now infamous Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton clip to their blogs. But not all of them have just won tickets to see the Saturday Night Live Dress Rehearsal on October 18, 2008!!! Pumped! Spell it with me. P-U-M-P-E-D! NBC owns my life this semester between SNL, 30Rock and The Office.

Amy Poehler is pregnant and this will be her last season on SNL, she won't come back to finish this season after her maternity leave though. If I have any luck she won't have gone on maternity leave before the show I am going to.

A lot of people don't like the current cast. But over the last summer I have gotten very into it. I love Amy Poehler (representing BUrlington, MA!) Bill Hader is great, you've seen him in Superbad and Pineapple Express. Will Forte is pretty funny, he starred in a movie with Will Arnett called The Brothers Soloman.

Kristen Wigg is the break out star for me though. She has had some amazing skits recently like Target Lady and Penelope. Here's one of my favorite Kristen Wigg videos, she is spoofing real life TV personality Suze Orman.

2 comments:

Scott Brodeur said...

How did you win the tix? When are you going? Talk about excellent blog fodder.

Andrea Murray said...

I won the tickets by entering in the yearly ticket pool. I believe you just email snltickets@nbcuni.com saying you would like tickets. You can only send your entry during August though.

They called me by phone and let me know via email too. I am going October 18.

I am really excited about it being the rehearsal because they have more skits. What doesn't fly with the audience is cut from the live show.

I'm definitely entering again next year!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com