Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Joan Miró assasinates Painting




I love going to New York City to see the great Art museums like The Metropolitan, The Whitney, The Guggenheim and The Museum of Modern Art.

Unfortunately I don't often have the time or money to get there. The MoMa's ticket prices are no joke, but luckily the NYTimes.com photo gallery, , lets me see a bit of what I am missing. Here is the gallery.

I hadn't heard of Miró before, but he apparently assaulted art. The images of his work are varied, being unfamiliar with his work, it is hard to know if it is representational of it as a whole.

I appreciate the chance to become more familiar with what is currently in the New York City museums. Not as good as the real thing, but still nice. I didn't realize until I was searching for a photo gallery that the NYTimes even offered pictures of current exhibitions.

No comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com